We all have heard about or used lemons yes? Ever wondered where they came from?
The origin of lemons is traced to the Himalayan foothills of North-East India, and from where they spread all across the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and as far as Americas.
Lemons flourish well in tropical environments because cold conditions would affect their growth adversely.
Here are some health benefits of lemon to consider:
- Lemon’s acidic taste is because of citric acid. Citric acid aids in smooth digestion, and helps dissolve kidney stones.
- Lemons, like other fellow citrus fruits, are an excellent source of Vitamin C– which helps prevent scurvy and develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals from the blood.
- Lemons compose a minute level of vitamin A required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes, skin and vision.
- Lemons carry a healthy amount of minerals like iron, copper, potassium, and calcium. Potassium helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
Some ways that lemons can also be used include:
- Flu: Do you have a cough or cold or both? Add a drop of lemon juice to water to help that
- Skin treatments: Got acne or spots? Add lemon to your products for such conditions
- All-purpose cleaner: You can clean your kitchen tops and utensils with only a few drops of lemon!
- Air Freshener: Use lemon to get rid of unwanted fragrances in your home. Add a few drops of lemon juice/essential oil to water and diffuse into the air via an aromatherapy diffuser.
Has this article been helpful? We most certainly hope it has. Do share your feedback if you’ve become more receptive to lemons! We’ll love to know.
You can also follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram to learn more about Morning Fresh Dishwashing Liquid.