The importance and multi-purpose nature of bread can never be overemphasized!
Sandwiches, Toasted bread, French toast, Burgers etc The list goes on. It can also be had for breakfast or even dinner, as a snack or as a side during a meal, etc Need we go on?
Now with all the very bountiful uses of bread and the many ways you can make bread, wouldn’t it be super awesome to have the knowledge to bake it in the comfort of your home?
Now, let’s get right into this.
Here’s what you need for 1 loaf:
3 cups of flour
3 tsp active dry yeast
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of warm water
Steps on how to bake:
- Mix flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the oil and water, and mix well
- Place dough onto a board and knead until dough becomes satin-smooth
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl to rise for 1 hour or place in the fridge overnight
- Knock back the dough, then gently mould it into a ball.
- Place it on a baking tray and cover with linen wrap for it to rise for another hour
- Dust the loaf with flour and cut across, about 6cm wide, into the top of the loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/fan 200˚C/gas 7 and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Pretty easy right? Now get baking and share your results with us.