Scenario 1: You come home from a long day at work and need to make quick dinner for your little ones as well as your “oga at the top”
Scenario 2: Unplanned guests show up at your door and keep giving you subtle nudges that their tummies are growling out of hunger
Scenario 3: You are tired of spending outrageous sums of money every day on lunch at work and want to start packing your own lunch to work
Whatever the scenario may be, the one thing they all have in common is that they all need a quick fix meal!
With stir fry, you are basically throwing in whatever combination of vegetables, fish or meat that you have in your fridge and you’re pretty much good to go!
You can have stir fry-anything: Stir Fry Rice, Stir Fry Noodles, Stir Fry Spaghetti… you name it!
The coolest thing about stir fry is that it’s one of the most flexible and fastest meals you can make.
Now here are some tips to get you rollingJ
- Always use a big, flat-bottomed pan that gives the ingredients room to make contact with the heat
- Stir-frying is really quick so it’s important to have all your ingredients chopped & ready
- Ensure all your veggies are the same size so they all cook at the same time/rate. Cook thicker and harder vegetables first, since they’ll take longer.
- Recommended heat temperature – Medium
- If your stir fry contains meat, chicken or fish, cook that first and then remove and set it aside on a plate when it’s almost done and then re-add them to the pan at the end.
- Remember to always keep stirring! Stir! Stir! Stir!
Do you plan to try out any kind of stir fry anytime soon? Well send us your feedback cos we would love to hear from you.