Bored with the same old soda drinks and predictable juice flavours? The citrus smoothie is a healthy way to switch things up. Loaded with a large number of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, the citrus smoothie is the perfect way to kick start your day. Some of the benefits of the citrus smoothie include;
- Vitamin C helps boost the immune system, fight off infections and speeds up the body’s healing process.
- Thiamine helps the body convert carbohydrates to energy.
- Fibre aids digestion lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Manganese helps the body build strong bones and connective tissues.
- Potassium helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure and promotes good muscle health.
To prepare this citrus smoothie, you’ll need the following ingredients;
- Orange juice
You can get a bottle of pre-squeezed orange juice at the supermarket or you can make your own fresh orange juice.
- Tangerine juice
- Carrot Juice
- Pineapple chunks
Note: The quantity of these fruits will depend on your desired smoothie quantity.
- Wash your fruits and utensils and blender with Morning Fresh, your trusted dishwashing liquid and rinse thoroughly.
- To prepare your own fresh orange juice, peel the oranges, removing the outer peel and the white part underneath. Cut the orange into chunks and remove the seeds. Blend the orange chunks till smooth and then strain with a fine strainer
- Follow the same method to get fresh tangerine juice.
- To get fresh carrot juice, cut your carrots into small pieces, small enough that you can blend it easily. Blend until smooth and strain with a fine strainer.
- Cut your banana into small slices.
- In the blender, combine your orange juice, tangerine juice, carrot juice, pineapple chunks and banana slices and blend everything together. Blend until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and serve chilled.
Note: You can prepare a large quantity of this smoothie and store in the refrigerator for later use.
The citrus smoothie is a perfect way to start your day because it comes packed with essential nutrients and minerals that your body needs. It’s tasty and perfect for the kids to take to school.