Say hello to Chuka.
Chuka had been on Janaelle’s case for precisely a month. Now she had finally agreed to go on a date with him. He couldn’t be happier.
He had it all planned out; Movies at the local cinema, Dinner at a 4-Star restaurant and then Drinks at a bar. Everything had to be perfect.
Then Ahmed, his best friend called him on the afternoon of his date and asked to hang out.
I mean it wasn’t really a problem right? His date wasn’t until 7PM. Or so he thought.
Ahmed hadn’t seen Chuka in so long so he wanted to catch up as much as possible.
They ate. They gisted. They drank. Not just anything, but they drank red wine.
Everything was going just great up until the waiter accidentally spilled red wine on his pink shirt. The pink shirt he had spent hours ironing… for Janaelle. Then his world stopped…
Now, see the thing is removing red wine stains wasn’t a “date sentence”.. But Chuka didn’t know that L
There are several home methods you can use to tackle the problem:
- Mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide and liquid dish soap. Neither of the ingredients work well on their own, but together, it is MAGIC for removing dried red wine stains
- First, pour a small amount of the soap-and-peroxide solution onto the stain. Use your fingers to massage the mix into the stained area.
- Place a towel inside of the garment to keep the stain from transferring to the other side. This way, the towel will absorb the stain.
- Let the soap and peroxide sink into the fabric for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the fabric with warm water. Then give it a cold rinse. (Don’t add any laundry soap).
- Hang dry. (Don’t use a drying machine)
- Soak the cotton in cold water. Then afterwards squeeze out excess water.
- Apply lemon juice to the stain. (Either directly from a lemon OR a pre-bottled lemon juice product).
- As the lemon soaks into the fabric, shake salt onto the area. Use your fingers to massage the salt and lemon into the stain.
- Rinse the back of the stain in cold water. (Add more lemon if the stain isn’t completely gone)
- When the stain is nearly gone, wrap the garment in a clean towel to wring out most of the moisture.
- Always rinse from the back side of a stain.
Share this article with someone who might find this tip helpful today. You can also follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram to learn more about Morning Fresh Dishwashing Liquid.