Do you want to host a party and you’re looking for a way to spice things up without overspending? Or you just want to mix your taste with something different? The Chapman drink is your best bet. It is a very popular drink in Nigeria and has quickly become a constant in almost every Nigerian party. It is believed that this cocktail originated in a popular club in Lagos. It was said to be created by a bartender who was asked to prepare something special for his favourite customer named Chapman. This drink can be prepared with or without alcohol depending on who’s going to consume it.
To prepare a Chapman drink, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 35cl orange drink
- 35cl lime drink
- 2 spoons of a herbal based alcoholic drink.
- Half a cup of syrup
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon or lime
- vii. 1 cucumber
- viii. Ice cubes.
- Wash your utensils with Morning Fresh, the no 1 dishwashing liquid in Nigeria and rinse thoroughly.
- Pour half a cup of syrup into a mug or wine glass. This syrup will give your drink it’s signature red colour.
- Add the orange and lime drink into the mug.
- Add two spoonfuls of the herbal-based alcoholic drink (You can avoid this if you want to prepare a non-alcoholic Chapman drink)
- Add a squeeze of the orange and lime juice and stir.
- Cut the cucumber/lemon into triangular shapes and add to the mixture.
- Add your ice cubes and serve chilled.
Enjoy your delicious Chapman drink with your favourite snack.